About ID Buddy
- Date of launch: December 20, 2012
- Developer: AppLabs Digital Studios Inc.
- Platform: iOS and Android
- Device: Smartphones
- Price: IDBuddy Lite Version - FREE | IDBuddy Full Version - $1.99
- Website: www.idbuddyapp.com
- Download: App Store | Google Play
- Press Kit: Download as PDF
Ever found yourself in a situation where you needed to show proof of identity and you didn't have anything with you? Solve your identity mishaps once and for all with AppLabs Digital Studios' first identification card management tool-IDBuddy.
IDBuddy serves as your instant ID holder, back-up, reminder, and best bud-all in one. It acts as your handy 24/7 ID manager where you can save and manage all your IDs and bring them anywhere and anytime.
Enjoy having your IDs with you, without the stress of added weight or bulk in your wallet.
- Virtual wallet for all your IDs - IDBuddy helps in storing and managing all your identity cards. Keeping track and having a back-up of your records and maintaining your security can be easily done as the app allows you to classify all your government, private, membership, and school identification cards in their respective tabs. IDBuddy Lite is a free version that lets you save up to 5 IDs while the full version lets you save an unlimited number of identification cards.
- Add the front and optional back images of your IDs either by using your device's camera or pulling a photo from your camera roll.
- Type in the ID number, ID name and expiration date of each card.
- Save each card to a category: Government, Private, Membership or School.
- Instant notification - You will no longer need to remember the validity of your IDs with IDBuddy's alarm feature. IDBuddy will remember the expiration dates, and will even alert you when you need to renew your identification cards.
- ID manager personalization - Dress up your virtual ID holder depending on your preference.
- Change the default black skin color to white or gold to match your taste and personality.
- Arrange your IDs on the main screen either by "last taken" or "expiry date" in ascending order.
- Wipe button allows you to delete all IDs.
- Search feature - Easily find the card by typing in the ID name or the ID number.
- Sharing option - IDBuddy allows you to conveniently send a copy of your identity cards to necessary recipients via electronic mail.
About the Developer
AppLabs Digital Studios Inc. is a mobile and web applications development company headquartered in Eastwood City, Philippines. Established in 2011, AppLabs aims to develop custom application solutions for multiple technology platforms that will educate, entertain, and inform people of all ages. For more information, please visit www.applabsdigital.com.
- Why would I want an ID manager app?
Having identity cards are important to us as they aid in maintaining security and keeping track of our personal records. Most of our IDs, however, can only be used within their validity periods which we tend to forget. When you use ID Buddy, you don't need to worry about having an expired identification card anymore because it will remind you when to renew your cards.
- How do I create an account?
Just tap on "Create a Private Account" and register your email address, username, password, and passcode.
- The app won't accept my password. Why is that?
The allowed password length is 6-12 characters only.
- How can I change my passcode?
Unfortunately, the passcode (4-digit PIN) you entered during registration cannot be changed.
- How do I log in?
Just enter your username and password and tap the Log In button.
- What do I do if I lose my password?
Just tap on "Forgot your Password?" and enter your username. Another prompt will appear asking for your passcode. After which, enter your new password.
- What are these buttons on my tab bar?
From left to right, the buttons are Your IDs, Camera, Settings, and Search.
- What is on my "Your IDs" tab?
Here you can view your saved IDs in their respective categories. There are five categories in the navigation bar namely Government, Private, Membership, School, and All.
- How do I add an ID?
Go to the Your IDs tab and tap on the Add button at the upper right hand corner of the screen to add an ID and tap on the Save button. You can also tap on the Camera button at the tab bar to take a photo of the ID.
- How do I delete an ID?
Just press and hold onto the image to delete the ID.
- How do I set the alarm?
Upon adding the photo, you will need to input the ID name and expiry date of the identity card. Just choose between 1 to 12 months to set the alarm.
- How can I view my IDs?
Go to the Your IDs tab and select a category. You can scroll down to view the other IDs. You can also tap a certain photo once to view the back side of the ID and press the picture twice to see the image in full screen.
- How do I send a copy of my ID to other recipients?
Tap the button at the lower left hand portion to email the photo.
- What if I want to edit the details of my IDs?
Press the Edit button at the upper right hand portion on the "Your IDs" screen. You will be redirected to the Edit screen where you can modify the details of the ID and tap on the Save button.
- How can I change the skin color of the app?
Go to the Settings tab and tap on the skins button to change the theme of the app. Skin colors are black, white, and gold.
- Can I organize my IDs?
Yes. Just press the Settings icon and tap the Arrange IDs button to arrange the IDs either by expiry date or by the date they were taken.
- How can I log out from the app?
Simply tap the Log Out button on the Settings tab to close the application.
- Why would I want an ID manager app?
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Terms and Conditions
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ID Buddy's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ID Buddy's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- The license shall be automatically terminated if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the ID Buddy management at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Revisions and Errata
- Governing Law
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The materials on ID Buddy's website are provided "as is". The management of ID Buddy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Furthermore, the ID Buddy team does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the ID Buddy team or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ID Buddy's Internet site, even if ID Buddy or an ID Buddy authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
The materials appearing on ID Buddy's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ID Buddy does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The ID Buddy team may apply changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Our team does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The ID Buddy team has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the ID Buddy team of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating ID Buddy's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Hong Kong without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Contact the Developer